We here at Worldline are on a mission. We are changing the way telecom works in this country by focusing laser-like on improving how things work for our customers. It all comes from our “I’m in!” culture that engages everyone at Worldline to work daily on improving our processes, to provide the best service possible at the fairest prices and to give our customers the most awesome support they’ve ever had, by anyone anywhere.
A huge improvement to one of our most important processes changed just this week when we introduced our new and improved online ordering system. For years we’ve been trying to improve the way our customers sign up for Worldline, and finally, we nailed it with the simplest online ordering process in Canadian telecom.
Using a easy-to-use web interface (see above) Canadians looking to save hundreds of dollars a year on their Internet and phone bills can find out what services they qualify for in seconds, pick and choose what will work best for them, and then, place their order. Three pages in total, the automated process allows for consumers to make simple educated purchasing decision without the need to spend their valuable time on the phone. (Of course, if they have any questions, a simple click gets them to a service support team member.)
This is a quantum leap forward for new Worldline customers. While we have the best customer support and sales team in the country, we know that a growing segment of the population prefer to make their purchase online instead of over the phone.
We’re all about making our customer’s lives as simple as possible. Now, from day one, we’re doing just that with a simple elegant ordering system.
Check out our latest innovation at www.worldline.ca, and stay tuned for more innovations to come as we continue on our mission to be the most customer-centric telecom there is.
How do we do it? By being “in!”
The Superhero Summer Savings we rolled out in early June has been, well, super.
New customers flooding in. New staff joining our team to handle them all. Sales doubling month over month, it’s been crazy. Crazy great! But all good things must come to an end, and as of August 31st, the Superhero Summer Savings promotion is over. (Sigh).
And that means one thing. Time is a wasting. If you haven’t signed up yet you still can! Call your friends, call your family, because for a limited time only, you can save like never before. For over ten years Worldline has prided itself on providing our customers with the best value in Unlimited High Speed Internet and Digital Home Phone in the country.
That tradition will always continue – but this Superhero Summer Savings campaign? It’s something else – but only for a few days more!
Best part of being a Revenue Assurance Specialist? You get to work with Carolyn!
Our favourite way to describe Worldline is “disruptive”. We like to shake things up in the Canadian telecommunications industry principally by not being like the the Big Three. Unlike them, we’re not in the cash grabbing game. Instead we strive every day to provide our customers with the fairest prices and best service we possibly can provide.
We’re all in this together, and that is why the No.1 best sales and marketing method we have are our customers recommendations. They like letting their friends and family know what a good deal they are getting, with Worldline.
Because of that we work very hard at being as good to our customers as they are to us. A big part of that is helping them manage their Worldline account, and that’s what a Revenue Assurance Specialist does.
At Fibernetics, our purpose is to deliver happiness and connections every day by being awesome. We are inviting an awesome Revenue Assurance Specialist to join our Customer Experience team to contribute to delivering happiness and connections every day. The unique tasks that you will take pride in accomplishing are listed below.
Ways you contribute
- You’ll be responsible for interacting with customers on various topics like billing, payments, collections and account maintenance
- You’ll contribute to a positive customer experience throughout a customer’s lifecycle for residential services
- You’ll contribute to on-going improvements that will impact customer experience across organizational boundaries which could include Product Management, Operations, Development, Marketing, Support and Logistics
- You’ll liaison for banks in regards to charge backs, bank reversals and payments
- You’ll handle any escalated customer billing inquiries
- You’ll accept and record payments, and process refund cheques
- You’ll primarily interact with customers via telephone and email, but will be responsible for any walk-in customers that need assistance
- You’ll strive to deliver the best experience possible for all customers by building open honest relationships with customer and teammates
What makes you awesome
- You are a natural at communicating with others, with a high level of compassion and understanding
- You can work with minimal supervision
- You have telecom industry knowledge
- You have a strength when it comes to numbers, with interests in math and finance
- You pay attention to the smallest details and have excellent organizational skills
- Your Post Secondary Education is an asset
- You have 3+ years experience in a customer facing role
- You enjoy solving problems
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you can contribute, what makes you awesome and why you want to be “in”. We look forward to hearing from you!
Harris & Samih – Part of our Tech Team
Worldline has, what we humbly consider, the best tech support team in the business. Working out of our Cambridge, Ontario head office, this group of folks work 7 days a week to ensure that our customers are receiving the service they are paying for.
Besides solving their service issues, talking to our customers on a daily basis has given them a working knowledge of common problems that annoy the modern day Internet user.
To help out even more, they put together a number of Worldline Tech Tips that we’ll publish here, add to our Worldline Support Centre and post on places like Twitter and Facebook as well.
Here, by the way is the #1 tip that they give everyone whenever there is an issue:
“If you feel your internet is slow or has lost it’s connection, try a quick and simple restart of your modem before reaching out to support. Since your modem is an electronic device which is often left running for weeks or months at a time, sometimes simply unplugging it from the power source is all it takes to clear up your issue.”
You probably knew that one, but how about this?
“Wireless connections work on frequency bands called channels. If you find your WiFi connection is slow or drops out then it could be that the channel you are using is being used by too many other nearby wireless networks, or is being interfered with by other electronic devices such as microwaves. Worldline support can help you change your wireless channel which may help improve wireless performance if channel interference is the culprit of your problems. Interested in seeing what wireless channels are most occupied around your home? You can use a WIFI Analyzer app on your smartphone or tablet to find out what channels are most occupied in your area and we can set your modem to use one of the less occupied ones for best performance.”
We’ll keep them coming, but if you have any questions you need answered now, please call Worldline Customer Support. It’s a knowledge base packed with a whole bunch of good stuff like that.
Do you want to be “In?”
Everyone who works for Worlldine’s parent company, Fibernetics, has a purpose to how they go about their everyday duties. They strive to deliver happiness and connections every day by being awesome.
What does that mean exactly? That by having the best culture and positive working environment at Fibernetics, everyone who works for us is engaged in providing the best possible service we can to the most important people involved in our company, and that is our customers.
As a Configuration Specialist, you will be the final touchpoint we have with them before they start using our services. It’s a vital role and therefore we need someone particularly awesome to join our team!
As a teammate within the Logistics Department you are responsible for ensuring residential and business customers receive the hardware they need, when they need it.
On time, every time, we strive to hit tight timelines and create customer happiness every day.
How we do this :
- Configure, test and ship routers and switches for residential and business customers.
- Provision and test ATA devices for residential customers.
- Complete customer information packages to include with shipping hardware and prep package for shipping (ie. Fold boxes, pack filters, phone cords etc as applicable).
- Receive and test RMA units to confirm defective in accordance with RMA policies of NEWT, Freephoneline, and 295.ca and Worldline.
- Reformat or reconfigure devices as applicable for redeployment.
- Receive occasional shipments, assist with inventory counts.
- Break down boxes as required, perform other warehouse functions.
Excellent attention to detail.
Comfortable performing repetitive tasks.
Proven time management and prioritization skills.
Ability to turn focus on a dime
Ability to have fun on the job
Sound interesting? Please email your resume with a cover letter telling us a little bit about you to: email@example.com
If you need some more convincing that we’re a good fit, check out what it’s like to be “In!” at Fibernetics.