Worldline is one of the fastest growing residential telecom services in Canada and to keep our current and future customers happy, (and all of us who work here sane), we’re adding to our staff. If you have a handle on finances, and are looking for a job with one of the up and comers in Canada, and enjoy working in a fun, casual environment (we may be getting a slide!), you are invited to apply for:
The Finance Manager will have the opportunity to manage the accounting and administration functions of the wholesale and residential division. Monthly, quarterly and annual functions are very timeline driven and require accuracy while remaining true to accounting guidelines. This position offers you an excellent and challenging opportunity to gain experience in regards to telecommunications and all that it entails, from acquisition integration to automation and streamlining of processes.
- In charge of developing and implementing accounting policies and procedures related to wholesale and residential services
- Identify and resolve accounting issues
- Coach and mentor two direct reports in accounts receivable and collections
- Responsible for recruiting, training and team management for accounting staff
- Revenue recording for residential entities, including deferred revenue
- Monthly working paper preparation for Residential and Wholesale entities
- Wholesale invoice/credit batch review and posting
- Liaise with various departments within the organization to help facilitate a collaborative work environment
- Coordinate special projects that arise that involve residential customers
- Proactively develop key financial analysis and insights to help enable the company meet its quarterly and annual targets, and strategic objectives
- Understand and communicate financial results and trends to business management, and recommend appropriate course of action when results differ from plan
- Play a key role in all aspects of monthly, quarterly and annual closes
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Working towards CGA, or other designation preferred
- 3-5 of years previous relative experience
- Knowledge of sophisticated ERP systems
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience an asset
- Experience managing others as part of a team
- Telecommunications’ industry knowledge is highly recommended
We are one of Canada’s fastest growing telecommunications companies and one of Waterloo Region’s emerging start-up success stories! Our rapid success has been leveraged by a marriage of established legacy systems with emerging internet protocol based technologies. This success has translated into growth and many new career opportunities and therefore we are looking for talented people to join our team!
We offer a high energy, professional yet casual work environment with the opportunity to make a difference every day. It’s an environment where everyone’s contribution is valued and rewarded. We take pride in our ability to have fun and celebrate our successes together. In return, we are looking for people who are creative and passionate about their work. Successful employees have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for technology. If we are describing you, then consider becoming a part of the Fibernetics team!
To apply please submit your resume to email@example.com