Did you know that the network that all the traffic generated by Worldline, our residential division, NEWT, our business services division, our wholesale division and Fongo, our mobile partner, makes us one of the biggest in the country?
No? We’re currently crunching the numbers and the early wagering has the Fibernetics CLEC network, with all its points of presence spread across the country, somewhere around fifth biggest in Canada, and Canada, if you didn’t know, is HUGE!
Over the next few weeks we’ll find out for sure, but fifth? Just behind the Big Three (and another company sort of like us out west)? Wow!
Overseeing a massive network like that is a big job and our CTO, Francisco Dominguez is looking for some help to do just that. What he’s looking for is a:
Director, Network Operations
The Director, Network Operations is responsible for defining, creating and managing the Network Operations Department. This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer of the Company. The scope of the responsibility of the Director, Network Operations shall include, but not necessarily be limited to:
Network Operations Centre: Develop and run systems and processes that ensure that the Fibernetics/Worldline/295/FPL network is consistently monitored.
Fault Management: Develop and manage systems and processes to ensure that faults are identified, resolved and reported upon. Develop standards for MMTR and other Fault Management metrics. Develop and maintain escalation procedures for network troubles.
Security Management: Develop and manage systems and processes to ensure that Network Incursions are identified, resolved and reported upon. Provideinput on ensuring incursions do not reoccur.
Site Operations: Develop and manage systems and processes to Install & Maintain equipment at the Fibernetics/Worldline/295/FPL Network Sites. Ensure sites themselves are maintained in a professional manner.
System Administration: Develop and manage systems and processes to administer all of the Fibernetics/Worldline/295/FPL server systems, including all OSS/BSS/NMS/EMS administrative and Service Platform Systems. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- 4-7+ years of Network Operations, Server Operations or Network Management in a Carrier Environment.
- 3+ years managing a team.
- Preferred Education: University Degree or College diploma in System Administration, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience with carrier network management.
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of MAC (iOS) and/or PC (Windows).
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Access.
- Working knowledge of MS Project, or comparable project management software.
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Able to work independently.
- Excels with ambiguous situations as an opportunity to show leadership.
- Strong team player with the ability to persuade, influence and negotiate partnerships with internal and external customers.
- Extremely professional with excellent interpersonal, relationship, and communication skills (written, oral, and presentation).
- Ability to overcome resistance, solve problems, and meet demanding time constraints.
- Ability to conduct and manage multiple projects and priorities.
We are one of Canada’s fastest growing telecommunications companies and one of Waterloo Region’s emerging start-up success stories! Our rapid success has been leveraged by a marriage of established legacy systems with emerging internet protocol based technologies. This success has translated into growth and many new career opportunities and therefore we are looking for talented people to join our team!
We offer a high energy, professional yet casual work environment with the opportunity to make a difference every day. It’s an environment where everyone’s contribution is valued and rewarded. We take pride in our ability to have fun and celebrate our successes together. In return, we are looking for people who are creative and passionate about their work. Successful employees have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for technology. If we are describing you, then consider becoming a part of the Fibernetics team!
To Apply please forward your resume and cover letter to: